Sunday, October 4, 2009

Gardening

Spent 6 hours working on my backyard yesterday, relocating herbs, planting new ones and covering the backyard with mulch. My soil if you can call it that is dense clay, the top couple of inches look better after 6 months of applying gypsom and clay breaker and I think a year of two of mulching will improve it further. In the meantime, digging to plant anything is back breaking work. I went to get out of bed this morning and realised I could barely move. I'm chilling in front of the tv for a bit before I go back out to finish this weekend's jobs. Gotta get things done before it's too hot to get out there.

Oh and I've covered the pergola with solar powered fairy lights, they are so pretty and it makes me feel like Christmas.

I shall take some after photos when I'm done.

No comments: